PenSys,Inc. (the “Company” ) recognizes that its members, visitors, users, and others (collectively or individually “Users”) who use http://pensysinc.com
(the “Website”) value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on the Website. The Company provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or to continue to use the Website.
The Information Company Collects
- User Provided Information: The Company does not collect any personal information from Users.
- Log File Information: When you use the Website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit the Website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
The Way The Company Uses Your Personal Information
- We use certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When The Company Discloses Information
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Website.
- We may release non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
Third Party Advertisers. The Company does not allow third-party ad servers or ad networks to serve advertisements within the Website.
External Links. This Website provides links to other third party websites. Even if the third party is affiliated with the Company through a business partnership or otherwise, the Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of such external links. These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only and you access them at your own risk.
Special Note to International Users
Our Commitment To Data Security
The Company uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your non-personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Company and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, the Company makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If the Company learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. The Company may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us as provided in the section below, under the heading “Contact Information”.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, Bankruptcy or Substantial Change of Control
In the event that the Company is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how either your personal information or your non-personally identifiable information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes and updates to this Privacy Notice
In general, we only use your non-personally identifiable information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the non-personally identifiable information you provided. Your continued use of the Website constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the non-personally identifiable information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Please contact the Company with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice is effective as of January 1, 2008